DISTINGUISHED BARK HOUSE® BRAND CLIENT BENEFITS
Also see Distributor Benefits as an introduction to this paper
Clients have a wide range of interests, and we are ready to service them. Their questions may relate to product aesthetic and performance, product sourcing, company manufacturing strategies, or product end-of-life disposition. Clients may also desire to create a Living Legacy through their design/build project. No matter what level of service your client is looking for, Bark House® has the resources to assist. Please feel free to contact us with questions or comments.
AESTHETIC AND PERFORMANCE BENEFITS
- Commercial grade products.
- Non-replicable 3-D textures.
- No maintenance is required (no staining, no sealing, no pressure washing).
- Custom fabrication.
- Original designs.
- Standardized for ease of installation.
- Manufacture only top grade RAW™ (Reclaimed Appalachian Wood Waste); others start with our seconds.
- 90% RAW™ material sourced within 100-mile radius.
- Bark House has direct supervision of vendors’ environmental impacts on soil, water, and air. This permits us to make certain that our regenerative goals for the soil, water, and air are positively met.
- Bark House is directly involved with supplier development (whole-health and relationships) and creating “right-fit” jobs (cultural and financial) in an economically distressed area.
- Over 200 independently owned, local businesses directly impacted.
- Less distance for transport from supplier to manufacturer.
- The Appalachian timber industry is different than anywhere else in the world.
- The tracts of land are small and family owned. The land is cared about and cared for. Material purchase keeps family farms intact.
- Tree removal is generally limited to small 10-acre tracts. Logging practice has been designated sustainable for over 50-years.
MANUFACTURING STRATEGY BENEFITS
- Made by hand.
- At least 60% of company income invested in distressed Appalachian economy.
- Living wages paid to employees.
- The bark is a waste product of the timber industry. Logs have a verified disposition.
- Utilizing waste bark doubles the logger’s pay.
- Supplier self-governance within best management strategy.
- Sourcing RAW™ (Reclaimed Appalachian Wood Waste).
- No water is used in the manufacturing process.
- Trees are never harvested for bark alone; the wood itself already had a determined use.
- Small logging crews with lighter equipment help forests to regenerate faster.
- Process Outcomes and Developmental Progress data is being collected and communicated transparently with the public.
- Carbon Neutral Products: Bark grows as carbon is sequestered in the forest. Bark House process verifies that supplier and manufacturers carbon production does not exceed carbon sequestered. Client purchases and application holds carbon locked in the constructed building.
- Embodied Energy – manufacturing energy is solar and hand processing. The only energy embodied in our total manufacturing and shipping process, is that of transport.
- Bark used on exteriors can last up to 80-years with no paints, stains or sealers.
- Most Wall Coverings are biodegradable or recyclable and don’t add to landfill waste.
- Some Bark House products require a backer or substrate that is not manufactured in-house. Product and process statements contained herein are not directly reflective of other manufacturers materials. Bark House can assist clients when choosing greener backers or substrates, glues, and finishes for these products.
LIVING LEGACY BENEFITS
- Clients are purchasing products that are Regenerative. Some of the language they use when searching for these products includes terms such as green, sustainable, cradle to cradle, living products, healthy products, biophilic and part of the circular economy.
- A building site is enhanced environmentally by the use of Whole-Building™ products.
- Placemaking (creating public spaces that promote health and well-being) and the development of whole-communities are automatic results of using Whole-Building™ products.
- Supporting thriving communities or whole communities.
- Building lasting prosperity and regenerative capacity.
PLEASE CONTACT BARK HOUSE® DISTRIBUTION TEAM WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS OR ANY OTHER EDUCATIONAL RESOURCE