Reclaimed Designer Wall Panels
Bark House® Poplar Panels are one of the most extraordinary products that we offer. When applied, they present a mesmerizing and textured reclaimed wood paneling that inspires awe and disbelief among spectators young and old alike.
The Art of Harvesting Tree Bark Panels
We estimate that no more than one in a thousand trees will yield a sheet of bark large enough to become one of these rustic treasures. Harvested in the same manner as our Poplar Bark Shingles, timing and skill are critical to the success of unrolling an unbroken full cylinder from a log.
Due to limb scars, epicormic knots, growth stress, bird peck, and lightning scars, no two panels are ever alike – are all textural variances that can be present that give each sheet its own unique identity. The distinct colors that flow from the north side to the south of the bark also reveal the direction the tree faced throughout its lifetime.
Rustic Wall Paneling for Any Design
Our Poplar Panels are flattened, kiln-dried, and precision squared in order to make direct applications simple. We also offer vacuum laminated to various substrates for use as cabinetry inserts, stand-off wall mounts, or for exterior walls. The deeply furrowed and rugged outer cork provides the same outdoor protection as our bark shingles while also exhibiting amazing interior acoustical benefits.
Whether you need total bark wall covering or a just small accent, interior or exterior bark siding, or a product specific to a commercial or residential project, our Poplar Panels will create a stunning focal point for any space you choose. For design ideas, take a look at our Poplar Bark Panel Gallery.
Details Regarding Poplar Bark Panels
- Tulip Poplar (Liriodendron tulipifera)
- Interior, exterior
- Residential, commercial
- Traditional, modern, rustic
- Sanded for interiors (with multiple paint or finish options)
- Laminated to multiple substrates (for interior or exterior use)
- Modified to meet stringent fire code standards
POPLAR PANEL SPECIFICATIONS
- Interior Grade is 3/8” to 7/16”
- Standard Grade is ½” to 7/8”
- Premium Grade is 15/16” to 1 3/8”
Length: 6′ to 12′ (in one foot increments)
Width: random, from 24” up to 96”
- Poplar Bark exterior longevity recorded at 80 years / maintenance free
- Precision squared for ease in installation
- Kiln dried and sterile
POPLAR BARK CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Kiln Dried and Heat Sterilized
- FSC 100% Pure Available
- Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified for exterior use
- Cradle to Cradle Silver Certified for interior use
- Automatic Full LEED Point Qualifier
- ASTM E-84 -05 Class B Fire Rating
- Meets California VOC Emission Standards
- To recycle this product, simply add to your landscape as a biological nutrient