Bark House® Poplar Panels are one of the most extraordinary products that we offer. Young and old alike are mesmerized by such a recognizable texture presented in a way that almost defies believability.
We estimate that no more than one in a thousand trees will yield a sheet of bark large enough to become one of these treasures. Harvested in the same manner as our shingles, timing and skill are critical to the success of unrolling an unbroken full cylinder from a log. No two are ever alike. Limb scars, epicormic knots, growth stress, bird peck, and lightning scars are all textural variances that can be present that give each sheet its own unique identity. One can even tell directions the bark faced by the distinct color changes that flow from the north side to the south.
Flattened, kiln-dried, and precision squared, our panels make direct applications simple. We also offer our panels vacuum laminated to various substrates for use as cabinetry inserts, stand-off wall mounts, or for exterior walls. The deeply furrowed and rugged outer cork provides the same outdoor protection as our shingles while also exhibiting amazing interior acoustical benefits.
Whether your needs are for total bark wall covering or a small accent, interior or exterior, commercial or residential, our Bark House Poplar Panels always become a stunning focal point for any space.
Tulip Poplar (Liriodendron tulipifera)
- residential, commercial
- traditional to modern
- can be sanded for interiors with multiple paint or finish options
- can be laminated to multiple substrates for interior or exterior use
- can be modified to meet stringent fire code standards
- Interior Grade is 3/8” to 7/16”
- Standard Grade is ½” to 7/8”
- Premium Grade is 15/16” to 1 3/8”
Length: 6′ to 12′ in one foot increments
Width: Random from 24” up to 96”
- Poplar Bark Exterior Longevity Recorded at 80 Years / Maintenance Free
- Precision Squared for Ease in Installation
- Kiln dried and sterile
- Certified Kiln Dried and Heat Sterilized
- FSC 100% Pure Available
- Cradle to Cradle Gold Certified for exterior use
- Cradle to Cradle Silver Certified for interior use
- Automatic Full LEED Point Qualifier
- ASTM E-84 -05 Class B Fire Rating
- Meets California VOC Emission Standards