“Biophilia is our instinctive human love of nature, and it is behind a growing design movement in workplaces that is making employees healthier and more productive. At a time when the World Health Organization (WHO) has dubbed stress as the “health epidemic of the 21st Century,” could surrounding office workers with nature really offer a meaningful path to change?”
From CNN Business’s article Biophilic design: Why nature could be a good investment
- Reduced Stress Levels. If you can’t be outside, then simply looking at nature can reduce stress and promotes health according to a study published in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
- Feeling More Connected. An experiment using MRI scans at the University of Minnesota demonstrates that nature evokes a feeling of connection.
- Improved Cognitive Performance. Researchers at the University of Michigan demonstrated improved cognitive performance with exposure to nature.
- Less Pain More Gain. Studies conducted at the University of Minnesota found that viewing nature even indoors decreases pain.
- Fuel For The Soul. Research at the University of Rochester reveals that nature supports people to feel more alive.